ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ ThunderCats Forums > 2011-2012 ThunderCats Cartoon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011-2012 ThunderCats Cartoon Discussions related to the 2011/2012 animated series

View Poll Results: Cheetara or Pumyra?
Cheetara 33 45.21%
Pumyra 40 54.79%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #21
AnonymousIncogn
TCL Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy0924 View Post
I mean, she has been somewhat annoying and slightly foolish, but nothing detrimental to the story. And "just a five minute flashback?" We learned everything we need to know about Tygra in a five minute flashback. Same with WilyKit and WilyKat.

To come on and just bash Tygra and Cheetara is immature and not necessary. If you would have just said "I voted Pumyra because Cheetara is boring and I don't like how she ended up with Tygra", it would have been fine. If you want to start arguments on here, then start a thread about how bad Tygra and Cheetara are.
I never said she was detrimental to the story, just that the writers have ceased her adding to the story.

Umm, no, we learned everything we need to know about TYgra over the entire course of Season 1 and from the episode :native Son" which has pretty much dedicated strictly to Tygra.
Willykit and Kat also had their backstories explained in an entire episode dedicated to them.

Bashing? Sorry kid but I'm not bashing anything nor anyone. I am simply presenting my opinions on how the WRITERS are dropping the ball portraying the characters and giving examples to back up my opinions.

I would have been fine with the writers pairing Tygra and Cheetara if they had done a better job developing the characters and showing more interaction. That is one of the main points I have tried to make - the writers spent more time developing interactions between Lion-O and Cheetara than they did between Tygra and Cheetara.

What is immature is when a fan of a particular pairing - like you - goes on a nuclear offensive against another simply because they don't agree with you.

The fact is, not everyone will agree with you about the show or the characters. Not everyone will agree with me.

The difference between us is, I respect others opinions and am willing to engage in civil debates. You obviously do not.
AnonymousIncogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life
 
hammy0924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizefall View Post
Cheetara. More of an interesting character to me, much more fun abilities, like her connection with jaga and tygra etc etc.

I just dont see people loving Pumyra, have seen nothing of her and these fanboys are just drooling already.
I'll be honest, I am. I do like Cheetara, though.
__________________
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #23
AnonymousIncogn
TCL Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy0924 View Post
You mean the episode where they show the rats beating the cats, Tygra and Cheetara go into the mine by themselves and Tygra denies the curses and they find the sword of Plundarr. And also, Pumyra, Lion-O and Panthro get captured by Mordax and Rataro but escape due to the mine collapsing and Mordax ends up not killing Lion-O due to his mercy? Yep, seen it four times. Lion-O told Cheetara "good luck" to show he had no hard feelings.

Look, I'm tired of arguing, but if you find Tygra and Cheetara as such a drawback to the show, then don't watch it.

And what did Pumyra do? Did she not call Lion-O out on the fact he still harbors feelings for Cheetara? Did she not open a possible door for either a Lion-o/Pumyra pairing or even a new triangle?


You might be tired of arguing because that's all you have been doing while I have tried to debate with you in a civil manner.

Again, I don't find the pairing to be such a drawback, I find the WRITING to be the drawback so I will continue to watch in the hopes that the writing improves to me.

Sorry I don't just fall in line with the handful of Ty/Chee obsessed fans like you but I prefer fluidity to storylines.

Maybe it has to do with the fact I grew up with the OS where fans didn't have to worry about character pairings since there were none.

Still, I respect your opinion even though you don't respect mine.
Merged Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizefall View Post
Cheetara. More of an interesting character to me, much more fun abilities, like her connection with jaga and tygra etc etc.

I just dont see people loving Pumyra, have seen nothing of her and these fanboys are just drooling already. The only thing she has done is being angry, done some what looks like flirting with Lion-o, been more angry, punched and used her weapon some.

Sorry i just dont see it, i dont wanna discuss it either.

I respect your opinion Rizefall and I respect your wishes.

Last edited by AnonymousIncogn; 05-06-2012 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
AnonymousIncogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #24
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life
 
hammy0924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncogn View Post
And what did Pumyra do? Did she not call Lion-O out on the fact he still harbors feelings for Cheetara? Did she not open a possible door for either a Lion-o/Pumyra pairing or even a new triangle?


You might be tired of arguing because that's all you have been doing while I have tried to debate with you in a civil manner.

Again, I don't find the pairing to be such a drawback, I find the WRITING to be the drawback so I will continue to watch in the hopes that the writing improves to me.

Sorry I don't just fall in line with the handful of Ty/Chee obsessed fans like you but I prefer fluidity to storylines.

Maybe it has to do with the fact I grew up with the OS where fans didn't have to worry about character pairings since there were none.

Still, I respect your opinion even though you don't respect mine.
Thank you for an honest reply. I have been a little ridiculous. I understand your viewpoint now seeing you grew up with the old one. I'm not a huge Ty/Chee fan (I'd much rather have it focus on Lion-O and Pumyra), but I think most of it is logical. Sorry for being such a jerk. (I feel like Pumyra right now)
__________________

Last edited by hammy0924; 05-06-2012 at 07:31 AM..
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #25
AnonymousIncogn
TCL Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
iTrader: / %
Default

"Dang, calm down! Tygra isn't that bad! It seems like you're still mad over "Between Brothers" and haven't seen many episodes since then."

We all have varying opinions and mine is that Tygra is that bad of a character now. Your opinion is that Tygra isn't hat bad, mine is that he is.
I've seen every episode since "Between brothers." That is why I called Tygra a racist bigot because as we saw in "The Pit" just as we saw in the Pilot episodes, Tygra is a racist bigot.


"Tygra helped her get her place with the clerics. If it weren't for him, she would've probably ended up on the streets. He also rescued her multiple times throughout the season. Lion-O (who I am a HUGE fan of, by the way) did not do anything to get Cheetara to like him."

Again, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Tyra did NOTHING to help her join the clericy. Sorry but stalking her and giving her a flower is NOT doing something to get her a place with the clerics. If he had gone to Claudus or Jaga, THAT would have been doing soemthing to get her a place with the clerics.

Rescued her multiple times throughout the series? The only Tygra rescued Cheetara was when he caught her as she fell - ONCE.
Lion-O didn't do anything to get Cheetara to like him? I guess all those interactions between the two were just figments of the imagination? I guess Lion-O accepting and seeing Cheetara as an equal and better was him just doing nothing. I guess Lion-O seeking out Cheetara's company more than anyone elses was just nothing at all.

Now, allow me to ask you this, what has Tygra done since the pilot episode to show why Cheetara should like him? (I'm not asking for the flashback scenes, I'm asking for what he has done during the course of the groups adventures)

"Also, Cheetara is not lackluster, foolish, shallow, or oblivious. These are the exact opposite of what she is. Sure, we don't know much about her and her story hasn't been expanded on much, but she added the feminine touch to the team that wasn't quite there."

Again, you are presenting your opinions as fact and they are hardly that.

Allow me to present my opinion as opinion:
A feminie touch does not discount how the writers have presented her. Her character at this point has no background beyond a 5 minute flower flashback. Thus her character is lackluster.
The way she is portrayed handling Lion-O as well as the love triangle shows her to be foolish, shallow and oblivious. not to mention treasonous as we witnessed when she betrayed Lion-O to save Tygra. if it hadn't been for Panthro (who none knew was coming) ALL three cats would be dead all thanks to Cheetara.

"I personally voted for Pumyra but seriously, you have the completely wrong views about this show."

No, I simply have a different view of the show than you. That doesn't make me wrong at all.

Pull back your Ty/Chee claws kiddo.
AnonymousIncogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #26
piffleprincess
TCL New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
iTrader: / %
Default

As much as I ship Cheetygra... Pumyra. As a character, she got much more character development in 2 episodes than Cheetara did in all of the series.

In fact, all of the main protagonists save Cheetara there's been a focal episode to them or enough background exposition has been spread throughout multiple episodes:

1) Lion-O - he's the main character, if you haven't seen any background by now, I wonder if we're even watching the same show.
2) Tygra - "Native Son" is his episode, plus anytime he and Lion-O have had a big fight we always get insight on HIS perspective.
3) Wily Kit/Kat - "Survival of the Fittest" was their episode, much can be said about their motivation and plight from the two main flashbacks we had with them.
4) Panthro - Though he doesn't have an episode, much can be said about his character through his relationship with Grune. The same can be said with Dobo. We still don't know much about what he was before he became a General though, aside from that one scene where he was fighting a war with Grune.
5) Pumyra - With what she had to go through, her actions seem for the most part justifiable.

In addition, we also get to see each of these characters face their inner demons. All we see of Cheetara is fight, advise Lion-O, provide exposition when the plot demands it and be a tease. Sure she wants to guide Lion-O on his journey, but what are her personal motivations? What made her specifically pursue the clericship?

Regarding the flower scene: In Cheetara's defense, she came from nothing. Especially after being rejected once, any form of encouragement would have been appreciated. And while Tygra might come across as somewhat stalkerish by his behavior, he's also an outcast kid himself -he sympathized with her as he knows what its like to not be able to get something he wanted.
piffleprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #27
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life
 
hammy0924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncogn View Post
"Dang, calm down! Tygra isn't that bad! It seems like you're still mad over "Between Brothers" and haven't seen many episodes since then."

We all have varying opinions and mine is that Tygra is that bad of a character now. Your opinion is that Tygra isn't hat bad, mine is that he is.
I've seen every episode since "Between brothers." That is why I called Tygra a racist bigot because as we saw in "The Pit" just as we saw in the Pilot episodes, Tygra is a racist bigot.


"Tygra helped her get her place with the clerics. If it weren't for him, she would've probably ended up on the streets. He also rescued her multiple times throughout the season. Lion-O (who I am a HUGE fan of, by the way) did not do anything to get Cheetara to like him."

Again, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Tyra did NOTHING to help her join the clericy. Sorry but stalking her and giving her a flower is NOT doing something to get her a place with the clerics. If he had gone to Claudus or Jaga, THAT would have been doing soemthing to get her a place with the clerics.

Rescued her multiple times throughout the series? The only Tygra rescued Cheetara was when he caught her as she fell - ONCE.
Lion-O didn't do anything to get Cheetara to like him? I guess all those interactions between the two were just figments of the imagination? I guess Lion-O accepting and seeing Cheetara as an equal and better was him just doing nothing. I guess Lion-O seeking out Cheetara's company more than anyone elses was just nothing at all.

Now, allow me to ask you this, what has Tygra done since the pilot episode to show why Cheetara should like him? (I'm not asking for the flashback scenes, I'm asking for what he has done during the course of the groups adventures)

"Also, Cheetara is not lackluster, foolish, shallow, or oblivious. These are the exact opposite of what she is. Sure, we don't know much about her and her story hasn't been expanded on much, but she added the feminine touch to the team that wasn't quite there."

Again, you are presenting your opinions as fact and they are hardly that.

Allow me to present my opinion as opinion:
A feminie touch does not discount how the writers have presented her. Her character at this point has no background beyond a 5 minute flower flashback. Thus her character is lackluster.
The way she is portrayed handling Lion-O as well as the love triangle shows her to be foolish, shallow and oblivious. not to mention treasonous as we witnessed when she betrayed Lion-O to save Tygra. if it hadn't been for Panthro (who none knew was coming) ALL three cats would be dead all thanks to Cheetara.

"I personally voted for Pumyra but seriously, you have the completely wrong views about this show."

No, I simply have a different view of the show than you. That doesn't make me wrong at all.

Pull back your Ty/Chee claws kiddo.
why did you post this again?
__________________
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #28
Tygra_Rules
Thunderian Legend
 
Tygra_Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
iTrader: / %
Default

Cheetara. She's way more interesting, intriguing and mystical. Many people say she's blant, dull, etc, but keep in mind she was trained as a cleric, that influenced in her being that way. Clerics are supposed to be toughtful, calm, serene and to keep themselves together.

Pumyra on the other way, I'm with Rizefall in this one. We've only seen her angry and angry and angry... to much for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncogn View Post
One of my biggest frustartions are those people who think "Lion-O got the crown and sword so Tygra should get the girl. That's fair"

Lion-O didn't WANT the sword or the crown, Tygra did. Lion-O didn't WANT to be king, Tygra did. Just because Lion-O got what Tygra wanted is no reason for Tygra to get what Lion-O wanted. Nothing "fair" about it.

Respectfully disagree. We know very little of Cheetara's backstory. Thus far all we know about her backstory is that she trained to be a cleric from a young age and that Tygra won her heart by giving her a flower during the same time he tried to kill his brother Lion-O.
With due respect, I think here (the bolds) is where you're wrong.
  1. Tygra didn't get "what Lion-o wanted"; Tygra got what he wanted. He's loved Cheetara since he was a boy.
  2. Tygra didn't give her the flower at the same time he tried to kill Lion-o. Where did you get this from? Did I miss it?
  3. About the flashbacks, people is missing one important detail. Even though the flashbacks showed us Cheetara's patience, persistence and training, we should not forget we got to see those flashbacks through Tygra's memories, as he was the one remembering those episodes. Tygra would have only been able to know how Cheetara's training was if he had followed her (spied or stalked her if you want). So that means he has been always aware about her.
  4. We don't know for sure Tygra didnt know the flower's properties. He's been trained in the military, where they taught you survival strategies, one of them knowing which plants can be handy when being deprived of food. So maybe he knew... he never said he did,, but never said he didn't either.
  5. Is it my idea, or ar you mad at Tygra for Cheetara's choice? Shouldn't you be mad at her instead?

Last edited by Tygra_Rules; 05-06-2012 at 08:39 AM..
Tygra_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #29
chique
Thunderian Legend
 
chique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SoCal
iTrader: / %
Default

LOL. Give me a break. Cheetara picking Tygra has not been her "character assassination". The writers never gave a flip about her developing into a worth while, engaging character and that is why she flops. Her entire character centered on telling Lion-O he could be a great King, while the other cats were developing back stories to help flesh out their characters and motives.

Her picking Tygra could have been done better. I'll agree to that, but if her picking a boyfriend was character assassination, then obviously her picking a boyfriend was the only reason you cared to see her develop in this story. As the lead female in a popular action franchise, Cheetara should be more than Lion-O's cheerleader or Tygra's girlfriend. You saw character assassination in 13, well I've been seeing a massive disservice to the character repeatedly since the premier.

She didn't pick him because he "gave her a flower". She picked him because of the kindness and generosity he showed her while she was going through a tough time.

Lion-O and Cheetara were not developing anything. We got 4 or 5 episodes of Cheetara only talking to Lion-O when he was struggling with himself or something. She was obviously his support beam, which is a grand ole' position for our beloved heroine
__________________
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by chique; 05-06-2012 at 10:14 AM..
chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #30
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life
 
hammy0924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana
iTrader: / %
Default

Come on Pumyra fans! We gotta win this! (I feel like throwing in some competition. Deal with it.)
__________________
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ThunderCats Lair 2005-2011