ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ New ThunderCats > 2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie Discussion on the 2011 animated series and the cancelled movie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
The Sword of Omens is technically classified as either a Hand and a Half sword, or a Longsword. In the new series though, he tends to use it more like a Katana; utilizing only one else for only cutting strikes. Though, THIS is how this weapon should really be used, and if much more effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQLqoAkNOlA

I don't disagree, but the reality of weapon combat has to take a back seat to the conventions of what is still essentially a childrens cartoon.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
balgus82
Staff Artist - 2011
 
balgus82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I don't disagree, but the reality of weapon combat has to take a back seat to the conventions of what is still essentially a childrens cartoon.
True. I mean if he was really using it like a Katana he should be killing people with one strike.
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
Lord Slithor
Mutant
 
Lord Slithor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maryland
iTrader: / %
Default

As long as it's not being used as a Deus ex Machina crutch like it was on the old show. That having been said, Lion-O has killed a few people with it - like the Lizard troopers in "Song of the Petalars," for example. However, it's done in such a way that they leave out blood and entrails. And that's just fine by me. As long as you depict the act of slicing, the rest can be left to the imagination.
__________________
"Tell Meg, 'Thunder thighs are on the move! Thunder thighs are loose!"
Lord Slithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Slithor View Post
As long as it's not being used as a Deus ex Machina crutch like it was on the old show. That having been said, Lion-O has killed a few people with it - like the Lizard troopers in "Song of the Petalars," for example. However, it's done in such a way that they leave out blood and entrails. And that's just fine by me. As long as you depict the act of slicing, the rest can be left to the imagination.

Well said.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
Sir_Sapphire
Plun-Darr Legend
 
Sir_Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
iTrader: / %
Default

He can also fire blasts out of the Eye, which seems particularly effective against Mumm-Ra.
__________________
Sir_Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Sapphire View Post
He can also fire blasts out of the Eye, which seems particularly effective against Mumm-Ra.
Yeah but a mirror is usually effective against mumm ra! Haha
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
Urazz
Laser Beast
 
Urazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Yeah but a mirror is usually effective against mumm ra! Haha
In this series, have we found out if mirrors have the same effect on Mummra?

If not you can always fight Mumm-Ra with the sun blazing. He's like a vampire like that.
Urazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #18
Daremonger
Thunderian Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
iTrader: / %
Default

The Sword of Omens of the new series should be able to do more once all four power stones are collected.
Daremonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
Sir_Sapphire
Plun-Darr Legend
 
Sir_Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daremonger View Post
The Sword of Omens of the new series should be able to do more once all four power stones are collected.
Why? The other stones don't have anything to do with the Sword, they go on the Claw Shield and unlock the Armor of Omens.
__________________
Sir_Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
balgus82
Staff Artist - 2011
 
balgus82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
iTrader: / %
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Sapphire View Post
Why? The other stones don't have anything to do with the Sword, they go on the Claw Shield and unlock the Armor of Omens.
Well the Spiritstone did seem to amplify the sword's energy blast at the end of Between Brothers.
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ThunderCats Lair 2005-2014