ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ ThunderCats Forums > 2011-2012 ThunderCats Cartoon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011-2012 ThunderCats Cartoon Discussions related to the 2011/2012 animated series

Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #11
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life

I think she will stick with them. In the thread with all the spoilers, they still seem to try to be a little cryptic and just give an overall summary plus their opinion. I actually like this more because, for example, I watched the Young Justice episode that was new yesterday on last Tuesday and it kinda ruined it for me. I wish I would have waited for it. Therefore, I really don't want to know a lot, and what I know now is hopefully all I will until the episode (unless they have previews or something).
hammy0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
chique
Thunderian Legend

Maybe someone should post spoiler warnings in the title of this thread?

Spoiler!

@Sir_Sapphire
Spoiler!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
srebak
Vortex Explorer

Maybe i'm just fishing about my problems with "The Pit", but here's the thing with me

1. Lion-O is leading a quest: first for the Book of Omens and now for three magical stones that Mumm-Ra can't get his hands on and to reunite the animals against him. How could Lion-O be faulted for doing all of that?

2. I've finally decided that i'm not too comfortable with the idea of Pumyra hating Lion-O at first.
a.) Because a lot of cute, animated couples start out on good terms. Tygra and Cheetara certainly did. Somehow, the idea these two starting on such negative terms doesn't feel right. I still hope that they end up as a couple, but i just don't think this was the best way to start things out.
b.) This is just a huge change from OS, back then, Pumyra was quite happy to see Lion-O and immediately took a liking to him (in a platonic way, of course).
srebak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Daremonger
Thunderian Legend

I'm definitely glad that Pumyra's appearing on the show.
Daremonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
balgus82
Demon Priest

Btw guys. this forum does have spoiler tags. type [ spoiler ] message [ /spoiler ] without the spaces.

Like this
Spoiler!

Merged Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by srebak View Post
Maybe i'm just fishing about my problems with "The Pit", but here's the thing with me

1. Lion-O is leading a quest: first for the Book of Omens and now for three magical stones that Mumm-Ra can't get his hands on and to reunite the animals against him. How could Lion-O be faulted for doing all of that?
The general population wouldn't know that. Jaga sent Lion-O on the quest for the book as they were escaping the palace.

About the episode
Spoiler!

Last edited by balgus82; 04-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
chique
Thunderian Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by srebak View Post

2. I've finally decided that i'm not too comfortable with the idea of Pumyra hating Lion-O at first.
a.) Because a lot of cute, animated couples start out on good terms. Tygra and Cheetara certainly did. Somehow, the idea these two starting on such negative terms doesn't feel right. I still hope that they end up as a couple, but i just don't think this was the best way to start things out.
b.) This is just a huge change from OS, back then, Pumyra was quite happy to see Lion-O and immediately took a liking to him (in a platonic way, of course).
Spoiler!

Merged Post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
About the episode
Spoiler!
Which bugged the hell out of me.

Last edited by chique; 04-22-2012 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #17
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chique View Post
Spoiler!

Merged Post:

Which bugged the hell out of me.
True, very true.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Sir_Sapphire
Plun-Darr Legend

Regarding her interaction with Lion-O:
Spoiler!

I'm starting to think Lion-O just might be Jesus.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #19
hammy0924
Ultimate No-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Sapphire View Post
Regarding her interaction with Lion-O:
Spoiler!

I'm starting to think Lion-O just might be Jesus.
That would be cool, I mean he already got resurrected.
Merged Post:
Also, the thread now says that Kit and Kat come across a thief or something. I guess it's some sort of side thingy.

Last edited by hammy0924; 04-22-2012 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
srebak
Vortex Explorer

I guess my real problem with this story is that i was one of the posters who was hoping for this plot:

Lion-O finds Pumyra, wants to free her and offers himself to fight in her place in exchange for her safe release. Pumyra is touched by how much Lion-O is risking to save a total stranger and pretty much falls for him right then and there. She joins up with the TCats, the series goes on

This plot however, just doesn't work for me all that well. I feel the need to watch, if only to see what Pumyra looks and sounds like. But this just doesn't seem to bode well for future events.

Lets say the writers do decide to do the "New Thundera" storyline. How is Lion-O going to win over his people if they're all like Pumyra and think he abandoned them (even though he's been out there fighting for the Honor of his people and has been trying to defeat the monster responsible for all their grief)? He's already having trouble reuniting the other animals. This only seems to take the problem of the Thunderians not liking Lion-O and makes it worse.

No one in Thundera thought Lion-O could do the job right, and even though he's king now, I'm worried they still won't follow him like they did Claudus.

I have to say, Simba from "The Lion King" didn't have to deal with this when he came back.

On a completely unrelated topic: true, some animated relationships start off rocky, but i was that Lion-O and Pumyra would much like characters from certain other popular shows met (not exactly the same but similar):

American Dragon: Jake Long - Jake and Rose were on friendly terms the minute they met

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Aang and Katara were friends the moment they met

Ben 10 - Julie and Ben got off to a very friendly start

Dragon Ball - Goku and Chi Chi were childhood sweethearts and were more or less friends back in the day

Gargoyles - Goliath and Elisa became friends from the very start

Kim Possible - Kim and Ron were friends since childhood

Teen Titans - Robin and Starfire, and Terra and Beastboy, all got off to a great start

...And Disney and Don Bluth have made multiple movies where a couple meets and are at least friends at first.

The point i'm trying to make is that the show seems to be going back to making Lion-O the fall guy for a problem, especially with a character who many were hoping would be a possible Love interest. I guess a "Love at first sight" plot would've been a bit forced, but Tygra had little trouble winning over Cheetara, why does Lion-O have to suffer for Pumyra?
srebak is offline   Reply With Quote