ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ New ThunderCats > 2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie Discussion on the 2011 animated series and the cancelled movie

Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
MouseCat
Glass Walker

Didn't know about the Class system in Thundera..thx for the 411 on that guys. It's almost as if the more "human" you are the more socially superior you are compared to others.. Interesting. Hopefully this will be addressed with more detail in a future episodes.

So there is probably an answer for this already but..what about Mummra? he's human right? I recall human characters showing up in Thundercats OS..but don't remember if they were of thundera or considered "alien". The creatures in Thundercats share many similar traits to Egyptian gods in the way they are depicted..animal heads with human bodies...with the addition of Mummra obviously being a "mummy" and his fortress that's a "pyramid"..there are many connections with ancient Egyptian culture/ theology here. And the whole Tygra/moses like story is also very interesting..Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Michael, I share your theory on clans dispersed by different breed/subspecies of cats...it makes sense. This also allows for a future introduction/guest appearances of characters like Bengali to show up. I really don't believe that Tygra is the last Tiger out there...

As for Cheetara..I really can't wait to learn more about her back story. What I love about her is that she took matters into her own hands at an early age and fulfilled her goal/dream of becoming a cleric. She's a strong, brave, and determined figure whom has great faith/trust in others. She is a very centered character confident and aware of her own abilities, power, and beauty. This makes her look quiet "perfect" in the sense that she has no issues..but it's usually these people that are hiding or compensating for something in their past that they are ashamed of. I for one believe she has a shady past..that not necessarily has to do with her ( she's just a child when she joins the clerics) but with her clan/family.

I'd like to see the Cheetahs be a nomadic clan...maybe like gypsy travelers that consists of small groups of cats who keep mostly to themselves ...I like this idea in the sense that Cheetahs are very very solitary creatures (as most cats are)..who endure many challenges in the wild because of their size,physical traits, competition and bullying by other bigger predators who travel in packs or prides. I for one would never want to be a cheetah in another life LOL..Cheetah moms by the way are the hardest working cats in africa..dead beat cheetah dads never stick around...the jerks!!

Last edited by MouseCat; 04-16-2012 at 10:04 AM..
MouseCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseCat View Post
Didn't know about the Class system in Thundera..thx for the 411 on that guys. It's almost as if the more "human" you are the more socially superior you are compared to others.. Interesting. Hopefully this will be addressed with more detail in a future episodes.

So there is probably an answer for this already but..what about Mummra? he's human right? I recall human characters showing up in Thundercats OS..but don't remember if they were of thundera or considered "alien". The creatures in Thundercats share many similar traits to Egyptian gods in the way they are depicted..animal heads with human bodies...with the addition of Mummra obviously being a "mummy" and his fortress that's a "pyramid"..there are many connections with ancient Egyptian culture/ theology here. And the whole Tygra/moses like story is also very interesting..Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Michael, I share your theory on clans dispersed by different breed/subspecies of cats...it makes sense. This also allows for a future introduction/guest appearances of characters like Bengali to show up. I really don't believe that Tygra is the last Tiger out there...

As for Cheetara..I really can't wait to learn more about her back story. What I love about her is that she took matters into her own hands at an early age and fulfilled her goal/dream of becoming a cleric. She's a strong, brave, and determined figure whom has great faith/trust in others. She is a very centered character confident and aware of her own abilities, power, and beauty. This makes her look quiet "perfect" in the sense that she has no issues..but it's usually these people that are hiding or compensating for something in their past that they are ashamed of. I for one believe she has a shady past..that not necessarily has to do with her ( she's just a child when she joins the clerics) but with her clan/family.

I'd like to see the Cheetahs be a nomadic clan...maybe like gypsy travelers that consists of small groups of cats who keep mostly to themselves ...I like this idea in the sense that Cheetahs are very very solitary creatures (as most cats are)..who endure many challenges in the wild because of their size,physical traits, competition and bullying by other bigger predators who travel in packs or prides. I for one would never want to be a cheetah in another life LOL..Cheetah moms by the way are the hardest working cats in africa..dead beat cheetah dads never stick around...the jerks!!

Yeah the class system is something they developed a little from the OS, where we had Thundercat nobles and Thunderian commoners (to quote mumm ra!) But they haven't really expanded on it much yet.

As for mumm ra the simple answer is noone knows. There is speculation that he is a type of anthropomorphic bat, to an alien species, to a REALLY old egyptian mummy and therefore human. The latter makes the most sense to me personally, and the Egyptian references are throwbacks to a now virtually disappeared human race.

I too would like to see Cheetaras history. I imagine it to be her own clan was wiped out by the lizards or mumm ra, and she only survived by running away, joining the clerics and becoming a protector to the royal line to make up for that earlier cowardice in some way. But that's only my idea! ;D it would be cool to meet a nomadic Cheetah clan, would all of them be speedsters like Cheetara or is that a power the clerics gave her do you think? I prefer to think the former.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
MouseCat
Glass Walker

I'd like to think that Cheetara's people are natural speedsters..the Clerics can't take the credit for everything! LOL! She was born that way in my eyes!

I agree with you in the idea that Cheetara's reasons for joining the clerics are to atone for something in her past.

Maybe Cheetara's family was part of a clan of thieves or assassins, using their speed for a quick get away...this would also support the idea of being a "nomadic" group. These clan of cheetahs would have no allegiance to anyone.. Thundera or Mummra..they are free agents so to speak...Maybe this is the reason Cheetara left her family...she wanted a more stable life where she didn't have to run anymore...

Last edited by MouseCat; 04-16-2012 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Quote:
I'd like to think that Cheetara's people are natural speedsters..the Clerics can't take the credit for everything! LOL! She was born that way in my eyes!
They probably are, but it seems the speed is still "cleric magic".
Rizefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
MouseCat
Glass Walker

Until another Cheetah is seen in Thundercats..we won't know for sure.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
Rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Quote:
Until another Cheetah is seen in Thundercats..we won't know for sure.
Maybe she can run fast for herself, but then how do you explain the other cats? Jaga is/was no Cheetah. Sure most of the others are not either.
Rizefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizefall View Post
Maybe she can run fast for herself, but then how do you explain the other cats? Jaga is/was no Cheetah. Sure most of the others are not either.
I agree. I think the Cheetahs are naturally and bilogically speedsters, the fastest of all the cats, with a few others like the jaguar being very fast too, but not in the speedsters league. Now the clerics must have had some form of training or power that enhanced their natural abilities, hence Jagas speed etc, and if Cheetara was the only Cheetah in the clerics, her biological speed plus her training and enhanced ability would make her the single fastest thunderian.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
balgus82
Staff Artist - 2011

Cheetara had her speed before joining the Clerics. We see this in the flashbacks in episode 12 or 13 (I forget which).

The other Clerics use magic for their speed. I think this was actually a question in the old tumblr blog once. They said Cheetara was just special or something.
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
MouseCat
Glass Walker

Speaking of Clerics...can anyone describe exactly what the clerics roles in thundera are? Are they spiritual leaders? Like priests?..or the kings personal body guards? Or both?

Last edited by MouseCat; 04-16-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend

Quote:
Speaking of Clerics...can anyone describe exactly what the clerics roles in thundera are? Are they spiritual leaders? Like priests?..or the kings personal body guards? Or both?
Both. In a sense. I don't know about spirtual leaders, that would depend on thunderian religion, although we know liono and tygras mother has mentioned the gods, so it is possible. Maybe some good cat gods to rival the ASOE? Either way they are certainly a spiritual order in their own right who have taken on the mantle of bodyguards to the royal family, perhaps as part of their wider role to protect thundera and its sources of culture/power like the Sword of Omens?