ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ ThunderCats Forums > 2011-2012 ThunderCats Toys
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011-2012 ThunderCats Toys Discussion related to the 2011/2012 toys

Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
catamountain
Moleman

Default please sign this Petition

Hi guys and gals,

In chatting to Mr Dan Norton earlier today, he told me that we shouldnt expect to see many bad guy action figures as Bandai believe that people only want Hero figures.
So I have created this petition to make them realise those who collect action figures need Bad Guys in order to be able complete the experience.

http://www.change.org/petitions/band...ction-figures#

thanks everyone
catamountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Robear-Coll
Glass Walker

I'd sign a petition for Bandai to spend the extra two pennys two paint the joint pins properly instead of leaving them black. Bandai cuts corners at fan's expense because they know the fans will still buy them.

Hold on... Tigersharks!
Robear-Coll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
balgus82
Demon Priest

Depends on which bad guys they make. They've already got Mumm-Ra, Grune, and Slithe. All they really need are Kaynar and Addicus to make things complete (hopefully they'll all get 6" versions) IMO.

Frankly there haven't been many other villains in the show. I don't think we really need a Duelist, Wood Forger or Conquerador figure, nor do I think those particular villains would sell well.

On the other hand if in the future they start introducing more of the OS villains I'll probably want those (as well as the Driller), for I think those would appeal to the fans of the OS as well as the new.

Though I do hope they don't start just making 100 different versions of the Tcats. That would just get boring.
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
catamountain
Moleman

by all accounts they dont want to make any bad Guys anymore as all people want is Heroes.
catamountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
blackiecats
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
Though I do hope they don't start just making 100 different versions of the Tcats. That would just get boring.
That is my one concern I honestly think this will be the case unfortunately. I agree though that once Ssslithe, Monkian and Jackalman are released, there aren't many more villians needed (well unless Vultureman and Ratar-O are introduced)
blackiecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Lordore

Yep, i agree we need to wait until more bad guys are introduced in the show either from the original or totally new and then see if they should produce them or not.So far they haven't left any of the main evil out.

As balgus pointed out i wouldn't like either to see a revision of the same characters over and over again, already the new 6' Lion-O is excluded from my wish list.The less you make the more unique they are. Like the old figures were practically the same, and varied a little,only depending on the country which they were being released.For instance the Rainbow Lion-O who featured the 'bulging out the socket-kind of eyes!

Last edited by Lordore; 02-21-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Lordore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Cap'n Cracka
Laser Beast

I'm on the complete opposite end of this spectrum. I think the villains make the toy lines what it really is and help it last in the long run. Don't get me wrong the heroes are awesome but even with the Bandai line when I saw the "powered up" version of Lion-O, i thought to myself, whats the point?? So now he has a weird face and some stuff on his shoulder.....would have much rather had a Jaga figure.
The villains make the toy lines live on....Look at the original series, if they would have used this method of thinking we never would have seen Driller, Stinger, Tongue-a-saurus, or the Mad Bubbler. Just so happens all of these guys are villains and are all also the MOST collectible figures in the entire line and mostly sought after. Every collector wants to get there hands on them.
Cap'n Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Lordore

Cap'n Cracka from an adult collector perspective you are right but keep in mind that the toys are also aimed to the kids who crave for the good guys and the main heroes.So i wouldn't be surprised if they make Lion-o in various stands and poses.Though i am against that.Bandai should hold up as an example the LJN line
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Cap'n Cracka
Laser Beast

That is true Lordore but think back to when you were a kid. Everyone kids has there favorite thundercat as well as villains. and when you were able to get your favorite one you would beg and beg until you got it. Even growing up my favorite villain other than Mumm-ra was Captain Cracker. When i first saw his toy i flipped out! i was so excited. He wasn't on the show much so i didn't always get to see him. But once i had the toy it was ok because now everytime i would play he was just as important as the mutants and mumm-ra. I may be on the minority side of this but the villains give kids a chance to see there favorite characters even if they arent on the show much.

i signed the petition and made this point on there....think christmas time and kids make their christmas list. When aunt Betty that has no idea what a Thundercat is but knows her nephew loves them. What is going to make more money, 20 different actual figure names OR looking for a Lion-O whose face is not quite the same as the other Lion-O's because he looks angry?? Which is easier to find and understand?? Keep it simple

Last edited by Cap'n Cracka; 02-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: i cant spell
Cap'n Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
balgus82
Demon Priest

I think a good example of a toy line that has plenty of bad guys is Transformers. They don't hesitate at all to make bad guys to go along with the good guys.

But I do remember getting my nephew toys for christmas a few years ago and he always asked "is this a good guy?" He did always prefer the good guys. As I did when I was little.

At the very least they should make villains for the 6" line since that line is the one that's supposed to be for the adult collectors.
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote