ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ New ThunderCats > 2011 ThunderCats Toys
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 ThunderCats Toys Discussion on the 2011 action figures by Bandai and Mezco

Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #41
Grune_The_Destroyer
Berserker

Wonder what they're going to do w/ those other pre-orders? Honor them? Or were they pre-mature?
Grune_The_Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #42
lostdwarf
Vortex Explorer

I bit the bullet just to be safe. After sellign my entire collection, this is redemption for me so i'm all over it.

Click the image to open in full size.
lostdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 AM   #43
Lordore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Oh no! I didn't pre-order! Now I'm regretting it!

I didn't pre-order them either. And now i see they are all SOLD OUT.
Man, that was pretty fast!

I will have to wait until they hit the shelves
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #44
Grune_The_Destroyer
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordore View Post
I didn't pre-order them either. And now i see they are all SOLD OUT.
Man, that was pretty fast!

I will have to wait until they hit the shelves
I'm believing that they aren't actually sold out, they just put a place holder on the site for an updated product lineup they'll put there in the future and it just says "SOLD OUT" so people can't order anything.

If you notice there's virtually nothing you can click on in any of those 13 items to display anything about them. It either just takes you right back to that same page, or takes you to their Bandai product page. Everything else they're sold out of you can see the item and read a description about it.

In other words, I don't think they're really sold out, and I think they probably will have an updated offering in the future.

Does make me wonder if they will honor their original pre-orders though, or if people will be issues refunds or have them canceled and they'll have to pre-order again.

Last edited by Grune_The_Destroyer; 02-02-2011 at 09:25 AM..
Old 02-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #45
ShadowCat
TCL Junior Member

Default Bandai & Mezco Toys for Preorder at BBTS

I posted this in another thread but I didn't want it to get lost. BBTS has preorders up for the 2011 Bandai, Classic and Mezco toys. Not much pictures but some interesting info, like listings for the twins in the case assortment. Snarf comes with the Thundertank and is sized for the 4" figures. Expected ship date is August 2011.

Check it out!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2569

P.S. I hope it's okay to start a thread for this. It kind of fits under the Bandai discussion but it's pretty exciting news I think. If it should be somewhere else, or is old news, please move or delete it. Thanks!
ShadowCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #46
Manny
Thunderian Legend

Send a message via AIM to Manny

I've never ordered anything from BBTS. Are they pretty good with the shipping time?

I might grab some figures from BBTS and some from actual retailers...and hope I get some birthday presents as well
Old 02-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #47
ShadowCat
TCL Junior Member

[QUOTE=Manny;34613]I've never ordered anything from BBTS. Are they pretty good with the shipping time?

I don't live that far from BBTS so shipping time is overnight for me altho it can take a few days to process an order once I hit "ship my order now". They've always been reliable altho they can be more expensive than other on-line stores. I use the Pile of Loot function so all my stuff ships at the same time, saving me shipping. For the convenience and reliability, I think the price is good. The few times I've contacted customer service, they were prompt and polite. I'm sure there are better deals out there but I'd rather pay a bit more and not have to worry or fuss with an order then spend hours figuring out where it is and why it never reached me. Hope that helps.
ShadowCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #48
Grune_The_Destroyer
Berserker

Manny, as the post before me points out one of the nice features of BBTS is you can hold back orders (I forget for how long) to combine shipping. So if you ordered a few figures here and there, you could have them hold them (if you could wait that long) to combine your orders and save shipping.

I've only ordered from them a few times so I don't have much for comparison, but on most figures/playsets, if they can offer it, they give you the option to pay a premium to be guaranteed mint packaging. Otherwise they usually offer guaranteed C-8 or better packaging w/o the premium.

BBTS is expensive though. Not as bad as ToyWiz IMO, but expensive. They are a secondary market store, so they have a bit of a mark up (for example, MOTUC from Mattycollector is $20 plus shipping, at BBTS they're between $30 and $35 I believe (I just checked the Bow pre-order, and he's $34.99. You can see that you can upgrade to a "Collector's Grade" for $2.00 more).

MOTUC Bow

So that gives you some sort of idea on prices. It can be a better avenue than eBay, and the few times I've dealt with them I've had no problems with shipping.
Merged Post:
Big Bad Toy Store has the pre-orders back up again

Tower of Omens Playset

4" Deluxe Figures Series 01 Lion-O

Thunder Tank

4" Figures Series 1, Set of 7 - Includes 1 of each of the following: Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Mumm-Ra (Mummy), Wily Kit, Wily Kat

6" Collector's Figures Series 1 Includes 1 of each of the following: Lion-O, Panthro, Mumm-Ra The Everliving

4" Deluxe Figures Case Assortment A Includes the following figures (6 figures total but quantities of each unknown): Lion-O, Grune, Tygra, Mumm-Ra

4" Deluxe Figures Case Assortment B Includes the following figures (6 figures total but quantities of each unknown): Lion-O, Grune, Tygra, Mumm-Ra

4" Figures Series 1 Case Assortment A Includes the following figures (12 figures total but quantities of each unknown): Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Mumm-Ra (Mummy), Wily Kit, Wily Kat

4" Figures Series 1 Case Assortment A Includes the following figures (12 figures total but quantities of each unknown): Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Mumm-Ra (Mummy), Wily Kit, Wily Kat

Ok I quit trying to post all of these, because there's 3 or 4 pages worth

Here's the general link

Big Bad Toy Store Thundercats section

Toy Wiz also has them up for pre-order

Toy Wiz Thundercats Bandai section

Last edited by Grune_The_Destroyer; 02-17-2011 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost