|Thunderatigress Thunderatigress' Fan-Fiction may be viewed here|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|06-22-2010, 06:48 AM||#1|
TCL Junior Member
Tales of the woods II
After having taken care of their spaceship, it was time Sandra found shelter for Tim and her. She and her cub wandered around the area for a while. They finally were lucky to find a cave which was empty as they cautiously discovered.
-This will be our home for now, Tim. Only until we build a safer place.
- Ok mom... is there any chance that we return to Thundera?
- I 'm afraid Thundera is gone forever, baby. I only hope our friends and relatives have survived.
- Will we see them again some day?
- This is sth I really don 't know, Timmy. I just have to hope so...
Sandra and Tim went deep into the cave. There they found some kind of a nest protected and hidden from those who would come from outside. They slept at night in there.
The following morning Sandra woke up at dawn and woke Tim up too.
-We must not waste time, Tim. We should build our home and see what kind of beings dwell this planet. We must see if they are good of evil and learn to live among them or hide from them if necessary.
- But mom,this place seems deserted. We haven 't seen anyone yet. Where can we search for living creatures?
-We won 't search for them. But I think we 'll meet them if there are any around here.
-Then what will we do now?
-We shall build a hut and after that we 'll search sth to eat.
-That 's good news, 'cause I am starving.
-We 've work to do first, young man!
- Ok, ok!
Sandra cut some trees and with Tim 's help she had built a hut by the afternoon. Later she made a bow and some arrows and went hunting. She caught two hares, which they ate roasted on a fire. Then they had some fruit dessert.
During the next two months, mother and son were getting used to their new environment and improving their hut. The only living creatures they had met all that months were the animals they hunted and some preditors. They even met a tiger once. At first the animal got fierce towards them. However Sandra understood it was one of them somehow and managed to calm it up by talking to it. She soon realised she could communicate with all feline animals of Earth.
Someday Tim was sitting outside their hut. Sandra was in the hut, cooking. When she went out for a minute to get some fresh air, she noticed Tim's sad expression. He was lost in his thoughts indeed and those didn't seem happy.
-Is sth wrong Timmy?
-No mom, everything is allright.
-Why are you so moody, then?
-I just feel lonely, that 's all... I miss our kind.
- You miss your dad too, aren 't you?
- It's ok to feel that way. I miss him too.
- Will we see any humanoid being around here, after all? I am sick of having no friends!
-It is true. We both need some other company. I am not sure where we can find some people ( humanoid beings ).
-Maybe the tiger can show us some of them.
- I suppose so, Tim.
- I 'm going t o ask the tiger about it now!
But Tim had already disappeared behind the thick bushes. Some time later he arrived with their tiger friend. Sandra made a deal with the tiger that it would guide her to the closest humanoid village.
- What about me, mom? I want to come with you!
- You will stay and guard our home, Tim. I want you to be safe.
- Safe is boring!Tim groaned
- Your time to explore will come. Be patient , Tim.
Sandra then turned to the tiger.
-Let 's go!
Tim was staring at them, as their figures grew smaller and smaller, till they disappeared in the woods. He was still moody because he had been left behind. However he had the hope to make some friends at last!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|