ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 1980s Vintage ThunderCats > 1980s ThunderCats Cartoon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1980s ThunderCats Cartoon Discussions related to the classic animated series!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Mark / Grizzlor
Site Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Mark / Grizzlor
Default People with ThunderCats tattoos

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
He-Fan
Site Team Leader

Chris here...

When sourcing ThunderCats Original Comic Art to host in our gallery, I spoke to a comic art collector who had the TCats insignia tattooed on his arm, he sent me a photo of it!

I don't like tattoos (partly because I'm scared of needles which is what they make me think of, partly because I think that, at least on women, they're not very flattering - purely my personal opinion), but if somebody ever pointed a gun at my head and said "You have to get a tattoo", there's no question in my mind that I would get the ThunderCats insignia!

Take care...

He-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Lil'Leo
TCL Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil'Leo

I like the one on the guy's chest. It's like he's a Thundercat and it's his secret identity!

Thundercats, Ho!!!!!!!
Lil'Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
catspat
also known as...Leppardra

I don't know how tattoos are applied, but I would never get one. I'm too old, it wouldn't look good on me, and it would cost a fortune to have it removed by laser surgery.

That one tattoo, in the eigth picture down, looks more like a dragon than a ThunderCat insignia.

Last edited by catspat; 03-29-2010 at 08:32 AM..
catspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
queen lynxana
Plun-Darr Legend

Send a message via Yahoo to queen lynxana

I've loved Thundercats since 1985 and it's played a big part in my life but no way in Hell would I get a tattoo of them. Do they have any idea how that's going to look when they are 50? Sure it looks nice now but when they get older.............
queen lynxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 AM   #6
He-Fan
Site Team Leader

Chris here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by catspat View Post
I don't know how tattoos are applied...
By the use of a needle, injecting tattoo ink into the lower levels of your skin, one small dot at a time. I have it on good authority that the pain of having it done is excruciating, which is another reason why I can't understand why so many people rush to get them done??

Take care...

He-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #7
Lil'Leo
TCL Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil'Leo

Though the tats do look cool, I'm with you guys. When it comes to showing off my love for Thundercats, I'd rather have the T-Shirt.

Thundercats, Ho!!!!!!!
Lil'Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
Mark / Grizzlor
Site Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Mark / Grizzlor

I have a smallish sized red maple leaf on my shoulder. It didn't hurt much at all to have done. I think if you do something closer to the bone it can hurt more, or around where you have more nerve endings. I will have to recolour mine at some point. I have always said that if the Toronto Maple Leafs the Stanley Cup that I'll recolour my tattoo blue. I may be waiting a LONG time.

My favourite of all of these ThunderCats tattoos is easily the one right in the middle of the one dude's chest. Just so cool.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
catspat
also known as...Leppardra

Quote:
Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
Chris here...

By the use of a needle, injecting tattoo ink into the lower levels of your skin, one small dot at a time. I have it on good authority that the pain of having it done is excruciating, which is another reason why I can't understand why so many people rush to get them done??

Take care...

Thanks for the info, Chris. Another reason why I refuse to get a tattoo. Ouch!

Heh-heh, people get themselves tattooed because it's fashionable. Keeping up with the tattooed Joneses, you might say.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
spartan82
TCL New Member

Default Tattoos

I Love some of the above tattoos i can understand why some people dnt understand why people get inked
but its wroung to judge people on typical stereotypes if you have a limited view on the subject so i will try to inlighten you

i myself have several tattoos and im a normal family guy who holds down a regular job and brings up a happy family and anyone who knows me will tell you im not the type of guy that just follows a fashion trend

my tattoos are personal to me i have tats with my faimlys names on and tats of my 2 german shepards who have been a big part of my early life i have a sleeve based on greek mythology becuase i love and relate to the metaphors in the storys each one of my tattoos represent a milestone in my life and when i get old how they look wnt concern me
The fact i can look at them recall a happy memory and smile is all that matters to me

i was born in 1982 and turn 30 next year and im thinking of getting a tattoo of liono on my shin this to me gives a big shout out to the 80s i grew up loving the cartoons and my childhood
and this tattoo would represent that fact i loved the 80s and have a lot of great memorys of watching thundercats and been young without a care in the world
and no matter how old i get theres still a child inside me that gets a shiver down his spine when he hears THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
No matter how old i get that will always be there

this is not a rant or a moan at people that hate tattoos its just to let those that dnt know or have little insight into why people get tattoos why we do it and just so you know every pic above proberly has its own story

p.s just for the record tattoos hurt a little but not that much and the end result is worth it a 1000 times over thanks for reading
spartan82 is offline   Reply With Quote