ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 1980s Vintage ThunderCats > 1980s ThunderCats Toys
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1980s ThunderCats Toys Discussion of the vintage toys by LJN and Kidworks. Also bootlegs and customs.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
Ghost9
TCL Junior Member

Default Thundercats Memorabilia

Does anyone have a list or website that lists/shows all known Thundercats memorabilia?

Not just talking toys here, but books (I just bought an old Random House one from 1985), games, pajamas, the Burger King kid's meal pieces, VHS tapes, etc.

Just wasn't sure if something like this existed on this site or elsewhere. Thanks.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Purrsia

Send a message via AIM to Purrsia Send a message via MSN to Purrsia Send a message via Yahoo to Purrsia Send a message via Skype™ to Purrsia

My site has a fair amount of this sort of thing catalogued - I'm sure it's not *everything* as there was an unbelievable amount of merchandising done with this franchise. Link's in the sig.
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Ghost9
TCL Junior Member

Awesome, thanks so much! I'll check it out.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
He-Fan
Site Team Leader

Chris here...

Purrsia's site is a great resource that I recommend checking out - she truly is a ThunderGoddess of ThunderFandom!

Take care...

Click the image to open in full size.
He-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Ghost9
TCL Junior Member

Yes, I spent a long time looking at this section of her site today. Truly impressive! It's pretty awesome how many strange things the Thundercats merchandising department chose. I'm excited to try and snag some of these treasures!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Mark / Grizzlor
Site Director

Send a message via Skype™ to Mark / Grizzlor

We started cataloging merchandise from the show here at thundercatslair.org but it is a massive job and we've decided to focus on the statues for now in that section. It would take a herculean effort to top Purrsia's work
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #7
Ghost9
TCL Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlor View Post
We started cataloging merchandise from the show here at thundercatslair.org but it is a massive job and we've decided to focus on the statues for now in that section. It would take a herculean effort to top Purrsia's work

Yeah, I can definitely see that. Perhaps some day. I would be willing to help out if you all ever decide to try.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #8
Lord LionO
Rampager

I'll gladly take any pics of my Thundercats stuff to help add to this site when you're ready :-)

\"What made America great was not that every man struggled for his own survival, but that every man accepted individual responsibility for the survival of all.\"
Lord LionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
Purrsia

Send a message via AIM to Purrsia Send a message via MSN to Purrsia Send a message via Yahoo to Purrsia Send a message via Skype™ to Purrsia

Feel free to use any info I've gathered. Mostly it's not much other than a photo. Would be nice to see someone take it to the next level with more info on the items. A lot of people write me to ask what certain items are worth now and I have no clue. So a more comprehensive thing on the subject would be cool to see - I never had the time to do it properly.
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
Ghost9
TCL Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrsia View Post
Feel free to use any info I've gathered. Mostly it's not much other than a photo. Would be nice to see someone take it to the next level with more info on the items. A lot of people write me to ask what certain items are worth now and I have no clue. So a more comprehensive thing on the subject would be cool to see - I never had the time to do it properly.

I spent a good amount of time on your site looking at all the stuff. There really is a wealth of knowledge there, far beyond just pictures. It's obvious your passion for the printed medium. I'm on the hunt for some of these treasures, specifically the British annuals & comics, the 6 magazines, and the books. Most of them are very hard to find at affordable prices. I scoured a few Half Price Books locations in my area and came up with nothing. Sadly, it seems ebay is still the best route for these types of items.

Of all the printed materials, the Marvel UK series seems like it would be near impossible to complete a set. I wonder what the print run on that series was, specifically the later issues. To my knowledge, there is nowhere in the states that carries these, even lonestarcomics.com. Mile High Comics may have a few, but the prices are very high. How did you complete your collection?