ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > Fan Collections and Creations > Customs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Customs Have a different take on how a character should look? Or may be you created your own character? This is the place to show off your creation!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
Originalthundercatroar
Vortex Explorer

Default Custom full sized wearable Claw Shield and 12 inch Cheetara

I hope I did this right, Mods, if I didn't I will be more than happy to delete or make changes if I can. Or you can do it yourself. This is my first attempt at photobucket...so if I mess up please forgive me.

I chose the option where you can click the image to make a bigger picture. I'm sure you guys know that I just wanted to make sure.

Anyhoo.....

I made the Cheetara out of a 12 inch Spawn Angela figure, super glue, and pumbers epoxy. (and tons of sandpaper)

I made Lion-O's Claw Shield out of a left handed welder's glove, plumbers epoxy, super glue, and a lot of obscession!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Originalthundercatroar; 02-25-2008 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: I forgot to say to click on image for bigger picture. I also had to re-load pictures! I'm sorry, Mods! I'm still green here.
Originalthundercatroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
AlexofThundera
Plun-Darr Legend

Great Job!!
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
kylefromdirtnapp
Vortex Explorer

Send a message via MSN to kylefromdirtnapp

How did I miss this? Cheetara is HOT!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
catspat
also known as...Leppardra

Cool-looking Cheetara, dude! You did an excellent job on her. The Claw Shield's not bad, either, but I think the sleeve could be a bit longer. As I recall from the cartoon, it nearly reached Lion-O's elbow.

Last edited by catspat; 03-07-2008 at 01:48 PM..
catspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
Originalthundercatroar
Vortex Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catspat View Post
Cool-looking Cheetara, dude! You did an excellent job on her. The Claw Shield's not bad, either, but I think the sleeve could be a bit longer. As I recall from the cartoon, it nearly reached Lion-O's elbow.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait until I get my MOTU Battle Cats! I'm makin' Snow Meows! I made one for Red Lioness years ago, and now I'm ready to make more of them but this time with detachable tack. (I hope)

You are absolutely correct about the Claw's length too! I am a details person and that aspect of the Claw has driven me nuts since I've made it. I wanted to make it as it should have been like in the show but weight was a real factor during its production.

I had to choose between its wearability and it being absolutely show correct. I figured that since very few people had ever made a wearable one I would sacrifice the length. It weighs about 6 an half pounds as it is right now and finger pressure is what holds it on your hand. Any more and it would have been awful for the fingers and wrist and a cramp maker. It sort of makes your hand cramp now, very seldom do I wear it.

On my arm it reaches halfway. I may make another someday using just fiberglass, but I wouldn't be able to tear through denim pants with it like I can with the one I have now.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Bengali
Berserker

12 inch cheetara is beautiful
Bengali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
hairybeastman
TCL Junior Member

cheetara as everyone has said is GREAT !!! on your next claw/sheild you might want to look at getting a long welding glove as the base, that way it could still be "wearable". and cut down a little on the weight.
hairybeastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
Lord of the Thundercats
Moleman

Send a message via AIM to Lord of the Thundercats Send a message via MSN to Lord of the Thundercats

Cheetara's looking good and that claw shield is awesome! I bet it took quite a while to get those done.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Originalthundercatroar
Vortex Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Thundercats View Post
Cheetara's looking good and that claw shield is awesome! I bet it took quite a while to get those done.
Thanks, that's sweet of you to say!

As far as time goes.... once I really got started on Cheetara she was a four day figure. The Claw Shield was an entirely different matter, I worked on it in stages because frankly it was driving me nuts. It took me around three months to make it to keep from taking a hammer to it in anger/frustration and it cost about $350.00 too. I don't know how many tubes of Plumber's epoxy is in that thing but $5.00 a tube adds up quickety quick.

I'll probably make another true size wearable Claw Shield at some point in life but not right now. I don't think I can go through that right now.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
jack black
TCL New Member

Default thunder cats replicas

hi how much is your thunder cat claw sheild
jack black is offline   Reply With Quote