ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 2011+ New ThunderCats > 2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2011 ThunderCats Cartoon & Movie Discussion on the 2011 animated series and the cancelled movie

Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #31
Rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
And the new one has:
-Summons the cats
-evokes a surge of power upon the team members after Lion-o calls them (well so far it's only done this for Cheetara, and only once, but that still means the ability is there)
-fires energy blasts
-cannot work against good beings nor be touched by pure evil (although lesser evil people can still hold it)
-Be a force field to create an energy shield (Claudus used this one against Grune in the premiere and Lion-O against the Driller)
-Sight Beyond Sight

So it's got about half of them? more or less.
Summon? When did he SUMMON them to HIM? We can't even be sure that the "thunder, thunder" he did in episode 4 was the reason Panthro came (probably was but still no real proof about it).

The other "summoning" was.. The tower episode when cheetaras eyes did "glow". That again was the only time it has happend.
Rizefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #32
balgus82
Staff Artist - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizefall View Post
Summon? When did he SUMMON them to HIM? We can't even be sure that the "thunder, thunder" he did in episode 4 was the reason Panthro came (probably was but still no real proof about it).

The other "summoning" was.. The tower episode when cheetaras eyes did "glow". That again was the only time it has happend.
When he shoots the signal into the sky that's the summon. He's done that. There's no other reason for him to do it. Is he just shooting a signal into the sky just to do it with no reason? "Oh hey look there's a big circle with a cat in it! Wheeee!"

Last edited by balgus82; 05-10-2012 at 03:07 PM..
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
Lordore

Still, i believe there is much space for advancements to be made, Lion-o has done good in the mental-training basis but even though he makes headway as a leader, the Sword is staying behind.He hardly uses it other than fire a blast and repel an enemy.In the original the most iconic moment which riveted the audience's attention was when he signaled the rest with the classic line:'Thunder Thunder Tundercats HOOO' .No matter how often it was reiterated over the episodes it was great to watch.
Back in the Elephant village, the leader instructs Lion-O to keep practicing with the Sight Beyond Sight magic ability and later he seems to have mastered this technique.I'd like to see him learning more of his sword's abilities and exercise them
Old 05-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #34
balgus82
Staff Artist - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordore View Post
Still, i believe there is much space for advancements to be made, Lion-o has done good in the mental-training basis but even though he makes headway as a leader, the Sword is staying behind.He hardly uses it other than fire a blast and repel an enemy.In the original the most iconic moment which riveted the audience's attention was when he signaled the rest with the classic line:'Thunder Thunder Tundercats HOOO' .No matter how often it was reiterated over the episodes it was great to watch.
Back in the Elephant village, the leader instructs Lion-O to keep practicing with the Sight Beyond Sight magic ability and later he seems to have mastered this technique.I'd like to see him learning more of his sword's abilities and exercise them
I agree I would too
balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #35
Lordore

I don't know guys, maybe when he finds the stones the Sword's power will be amplified and the perfect sync with then be made, yet again the stones are supposed to be embedded st the gauntlet/claw
Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #36
Rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Quote:
I don't know guys, maybe when he finds the stones the Sword's power will be amplified and the perfect sync with then be made, yet again the stones are supposed to be embedded st the gauntlet/claw
Dont think so, the stones seem and IMO should be separate in terms of power. It's bad enough the story has to be about "let's find those magical 4 stones and combine their powers.". Like it's not been done to death already.
Rizefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #37
Michael
Plun-Darr Legend

Quote:
I think the stones are more for the guantlet and the armour of omens. The SoO and the eye of Thundera haven't been used to their full potential yet because LionO himself wasn't ready. I like the fact that he basically had little control over the sword at first, and couldn't use the sight beyond sight and so on, but has mastered some of this as he has practiced and grown and got more experience. He still has some way to go though, and my guess is that at the end of the series, when he needs it most, that's when he'll dig down deep and unleash the swords potential, his eyes will glow,(as it did in the OS pilot as a boy when he was faced with the mutants on the ship) as will the cats, they'll get their insignias, and it will turn the tide of battle.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #38
MoonKnight
Vortex Explorer

Hmph , where did Lion-O's skills from "The Drifter" went? he got a fancy stone to his gauntlet and suddenly he can't handle it as good ...
MoonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote