ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums  

Go Back   ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums > 1980's ThunderCats Forums > Classic ThunderCats Cartoon & Comics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classic ThunderCats Cartoon & Comics Discussions related to the classic animated series and (all) the comic series!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
nickmills
Multimedia Guru

Send a message via MSN to nickmills Send a message via Skype™ to nickmills
Default Stephen Perry

Hi guys,

It really saddens me to post this but I received an email from Stephen Perry about a week ago and it's a very sad one. Instead of me explaining it, Stephen has asked me to post this.

Quote:
Dear Nick,

I am so sorry to ask this of you, but I am begging everyone and anyone for some help. Since you interviewed me ... I got cancer, my wife left, I lost my job, went homeless, and now am very sick, trying to survive and take care of my five year old son, with nothing, no resources, no food, money or medical help. We were homeless in my van, which has now broken down, but my brother in law has let us stay in an empty house he owns (but is in foreclosure.)
Some comics friends have helped a little (we got electric turned on, and water turned on) and please check out these links for the sad and stupid and awful pitiful situation I am in.

I am begging, I guess, for any help you might be able to give. Maybe you could post this on tcats org and maybesome others might help us.

I know this is shameless begging, and it's pitiful, but Leo (my son) and I are very destitute, hungry. I am also quite sick these last couple days ... (it goes in and out of feeling okay and being incapacitated.)

THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS THAT I HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT ... and instead of anything being snail mailed to me, if you care to help at all or anyone else does ... I would need it done through PAYPAL.

my paypal address is: sandramaples48@yahoo.com. (I am sandramaples48!, I have the debit card, and anythuing emailed to sandramaples48@yahoo.com gives me immediate access to it.)

I know it is shameless and pitiful ... and i KNOW i AM BEGGING. I just want to get my son to saftey, get us safe, perhaps even to my hometown, for the last months I might have.
We are very, very destitute ... hungry, eating at churches once a day, can't put gas in the car, or even get the stupid $60 part that will get it running.

I beg you nick ... will you please help? And if you could post it ... along with the paypal address (sandramaples4 maybe someone over there in my family's home country might help us a little too. Thank you, thank you and bless you if you can send anything ... a little, a bunch ... anything. Even 10 bucks would be a fortune to us now. We were homeless from July 22nd to Aug. 15th. It's hard to deal with sick ... and hope we (Leo & !) DON'T HAVE TO AGAIN.

STEVE PERRY

steve perry
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...two-minutes-3/ -- scroll down to 'creators'

http://likebeingreadtofromdictionaries.blogspot.com/

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....g_steve_perry/

http://www.lordshaper.com/?p=694&cpage=1#comment-1083

http://rocarts.com/sabrecat/2009/08/...ercats-appeal/

http://likebeingreadtofromdictionari...your-help.html

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4527
Personally, I'm very saddened to hear of this situation. I interviewed Stephen about a year ago for the website and found him to be a very nice person and very accomodating towards someone who was simply working for a fansite. He wrote some of the most classic ThunderCats episodes (including 'Safari Jo' which is a personal favourite) and whilst we don't wish to try and force anyone to donate (and we stress that), everyone at TCLair.org wishes to send their best wishes over to Stephen.

If you wish to donate, read the email and follow instructions.

Thank you.
nickmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
catspat
also known as...Leppardra

Oh, god, how awful for this man! I wish I could do something, but I live on a limited income. Did he say what city he's in? It might help to know where Mr. Perry is right now since he didn't say.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Nine Tiger
Great Void Dweller

Why is the paypal to sandra maples and not steve perry?

http://thunderanweavings.net
Nine Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
lostdwarf
Vortex Explorer

Hello all. I too got a letter from stephen. From what I understand Someone set up the paypal for him thas why its not under his name. I have been in talks with steve for quite sometime now and this breaks my heart. If there is anything anyone can do DO IT. I am settign up a food collection at my work and am also acception donations for him. He really needs us right now and if you cna help please do.

mike
lostdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Phrogger
TCL New Member

Default This is legit.

Hey, to anyone who reads this post his request (and paypal account) are legitimate. I've been in contact with Steve Bissette, an artist who teaches at the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont, and all of this is for real. Please help if you can, he really needs it. I posted it on my blog also.

Meredith

PS, He is currently in Zephyrhills, FL.

Last edited by Phrogger; 10-24-2009 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: PS and link added
Phrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
omicron
TCL Member

Maybe http://www.heroinitiative.org/ could help him out. I really hope things start looking better for him and his son
Old 10-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
MannysCollectibles
Forum Admin

Send a message via AIM to MannysCollectibles Send a message via Yahoo to MannysCollectibles Send a message via Skype™ to MannysCollectibles

If anybody has a phone number for him please PM me. He just sent me an email stating his van broke down again and he needs to fix it ASAP. His only choice right now is to sell an original piece of art from Silverhawks and i may have found someone to buy it but he needs contact info.

Click the image to open in full size.

MannysCollectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Purrsia

Send a message via AIM to Purrsia Send a message via MSN to Purrsia Send a message via Yahoo to Purrsia Send a message via Skype™ to Purrsia

I'm sorry to hear this
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #9
Steve Perry

Default To All You Kind People

To Nick, and everyone else at Thundercats lair ... and the people commenting on the posts.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your concern, good vibes, and any help you might give or consider giving to me and my son, Leo.

I understand the concern some folks might have had about the paypal address being in my friend, sandy's name and not my own -- mine is a frozen account, suspended last year, because of a huge online rip-off I suffered whereon hackers got my paypal account and wrecked it.

If anyone is concerned, Sandy Maples dear elderly mother was a tenant of mine (I worked as a Property Manager for an apartment complex before being asked to resign because of my health), and she set up the payp[al account and turned over the debit card to me, and only I have the passwords, etc.

But I gladly offered here my physical address:
Steve Perry
38046 8th Ave.
Zephyrhills, Fl. 33542

This house belongs to my ex-brother in law, is in foreclosure, but he is graciously allowing Leo and I to stay here until the bank takes it for good -- he lives in Oklahoma now.

Due to the kind help of several wonderful people, we have our utilities for another month, and my broke down van is mostly repaired -- well, it starts again -- it couldn't start for almost 2 weeks -- it was an ignition coil that needed to be replaced.

We have also some other good news -- we have been awarded foodstamps and Medicaid, and that is supposed to go into effect in a week or so. We will be able to EAT now ... in some place other than a church free lunch.

If anyone wishes to email me directly, you are so welcome to send an email to stephenjperry2003@yahoo.com -- I got a computer from a friend, a laptop, and it gets a wireless signal, so I no longer have to use the library computer, which is limited to 1/2 hour a day.

Again, I wish to thank, so deeply, everyone for their kind thoughts, prayers, and anything they have done to help -- you might not know, but even a $5 bill a generous person sent in the mail absolutely saved us one day last week -- and Manny so kindly helped, too, and better yet, he put me in contact with someone who is buying a great piece of original art from Silverhawks -- the last thing of value I had held onto somehow, and that sale will pay for our utilities for the whole month of November! So, Manny ... thank you, thank you.

Another good thing is that I have gotten health insurance through medicaid, and for the first time since the emergency room visit in Feb. I am going to see a doctor on November 21st. The visit is for my Social Security Disability application, not treatment, but I hope to be allowed some kind of treatment sometime soon -- if only to lessen the constant and chronic pain associated with the cancer.

So, again, I wish to thank everyone ... just everyone at TCats lair ... Manny, Nick, and everyone else. I am kind of resigned to not being around too much longer, but you all have made this a little bit easier with your kindness, compassion and generosity.

Steve Perry
Steve Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #10
MannysCollectibles
Forum Admin

Send a message via AIM to MannysCollectibles Send a message via Yahoo to MannysCollectibles Send a message via Skype™ to MannysCollectibles

Steve I am so glad that things are getting better. I wasnt sure if the art contact was going to work out but Ive been in contact with him for quite a while and figured if there was one person who could help out it was going to be him.

Please take care...you and your son are in our prayers.

Click the image to open in full size.

MannysCollectibles is offline   Reply With Quote